As we get further away from Thanksgiving and the leftover turkey dwindles, I now need to focus on getting back to the real world of work and getting my kid to school in the mornings. As much as I love December and all the Christmas cheer in the air, it can get pretty overwhelming. Don’t fall into a hibernation and take time for yourself to socialize and do things you enjoy. For now, at least stay up to date with everything you need to know in Raleigh, including:
- Saturday Successes for Small Businesses
- All the jingle ladies are returning
- A fun dialect test for you to challenge your NC skills
But first today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and beautiful. High: 64 Low: 37.
⚡️ Attention local business owners and marketers in Raleigh! I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that is you, then I invite you to secure your place now. Click here to learn more.
Here are today’s top stories in Raleigh:
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport reported a record-breaking travel day as passengers returned from Thanksgiving trips. Airport officials expected nearly 60,000 people to travel through RDU on Sunday. More than 2,300 flights were delayed in the US, with dozens of cancellations. The previous daily record for travel was set in 2019 and Sunday is expected to beat that figure by 9%. (abc11, WRAL)
- Small Business Saturday gave shoppers a chance to explore small businesses in the area and Shop Local Raleigh was there to lead the way. The organization spread the word about participating jewelry, toys, travel, sporting goods, bookstores and more, along with incentives for the day. As small businesses grapple with the costs of inflation and do their best not to overwhelm consumers, they’re grateful for the business. (abc11)
- At approximately 11:38 p.m., Raleigh Police responded to a shooting at Extended Stay America on North Raleigh Boulevard. One man was injured and taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No arrests have been made and police have not identified any suspects. (CBS17, WRAL)
- Raleigh plumbers share their experiences as Thanksgiving brings them a big boost in business. They made about 50-60 calls on Friday, according to Michael & Son Plumbing’s Jason Litvak. While they typically have 4-5 plumbers on the weekends, they had to employ 11-12 workers over the weekend. They’re a reminder to residents to be careful about what goes down your drain while your plumbing system recovers from the grueling work of Thanksgiving. (CBS17)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Raleigh Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Raleigh Daily possible.
Today in Raleigh:
Tuesday in Raleigh:
From my notebook:
- It is cyber mondayand while you traditionally think of major nationwide retailers offering Cyber Monday deals, Shop Local Raleigh has rounded up some deals for you to enjoy from local businesses today.
- The NC State College of Humanities and Social Sciences has a Quiz to see how well you know different North Carolina dialects. (NC State University)
- As work-from-home opportunities diminish, the triangle experiences Traffic levels close to pre-pandemic numbers. (GoTriangle Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the know and ready to hit the road this Monday! I will see you soon.
— CJ Fullford
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Raleigh Daily? Contact me at [email protected]