4-year-old child dies after electrocution by water heater

A 4-year-old child died on Saturday evening after being electrocuted at K'Onyango “B” village in Udira Kamrembo in Ugenya sub-county.

The minor, identified as Precious Atieno Oduor, was said to have been electrocuted by a water heater.

According to the Siaya County Police Commander, Cleti Kimaiyo, the matter was brought to Sega Police Station by the county's Deputy Police Commissioner, Michael Nyadenge, saying that the minor was electrocuted at her parents' house.

He stated that it was discovered that the minor PP1 student of Udira Kamrembo Primary School was left at home while playing by her mother Conslate Akinyi Otieno and went to the neighborhood.

The police chief added that when the mother returned, she discovered that the minor had been electrocuted by a water heater she was believed to have been playing with.

Officers from Sega Police Station visited the scene and found the minor's body with electrical burns on both hands, palms and chest.

While confirming the unfortunate incident, Kimaiyo stated that the body was taken to the Sega Mission Hospital mortuary where it is awaiting autopsy while investigations into the matter begin.

You might also like

Comments are closed.