Girl falling in bucket with water heater dies

Lokmat news network

Aurangabad

A four-year-old girl in a bucket with a water heater installed died Friday morning. The deceased has been identified as Shreya Rajesh Shinde (4, Sainagar, Kamlapur).

Rajesh Shinde lived in Kamlapur with his wife Seema, son Sai, 7, daughter Shreya, 4, and parents, police said. On the afternoon of November 23, after her lunch, Shreya washed her hands under running water. Suddenly she lost her balance and fell into a bucket with a kettle. Family members rushed to her when she started screaming, but she had suffered severe burns by then. Her father Rajesh tried to get Shreya out of the bucket but was electrocuted and thrown away. Then he turned off the heater and took Shreya out of the bucket. She was taken to the government hospital, where she died while undergoing treatment on Friday morning. One case of accidental death has been registered at MIDC Police Station Waluj, while Chief Constable Karbhari Gadekar is further investigating the case.

Open in app

You might also like

Comments are closed.