Jasmine Roth Reveals The Worst Mistake You Can Make In Your Kitchen

When most people think of their dream kitchen, they envision the layout, the color of the cabinets, or the shape of the backsplash tile. But these are only cosmetic changes. The problems arise when you embark on deeper renovations without proper preparation. Jasmine Roth had clients who got over-zealous with their home renovations and began disrupting the systems behind the scenes.

Within your kitchen walls you have water, electrical and gas systems that make your kitchen work. And if you’re not careful, you can damage these systems. One of Roth’s clients accidentally did just that when trying to remove a peninsula in favor of an island, Realtor says. Client accidentally exposed a gas line during kitchen renovation.

An exposed gas line is incredibly dangerous and could result in a gas leak. Airborne gas can cause natural gas poisoning in people or pets indoors, says Lewis Plumbing, and as the gas builds up, the risk of a fire or explosion increases. Likewise, a broken electrical wire or connection can cause a fire. And exposed or broken plumbing can cause flooding indoors. Before swinging any hammers, experts recommend identifying the location of all your systems to avoid disaster.

You might also like

Comments are closed.