Question: Hi Ed: I am planning a long-awaited change of the kitchen faucet in my kitchen. I want a pull down type with a multifunctional spray head. Before I can settle on one type, can you go over a few different spray head feature options that I might be able to include?
Answer: Many pull-down and pull-out kitchen faucets have different shower head functions to choose from. See what you want to add and hopefully find a faucet that meets your local regulations and has at least one or two of the features you like.
Here are some spray head options I’ve worked with:
– Break. This feature stops and starts the water flow quickly without turning off the faucet handle.
– ring pattern. This circular spray pattern is great for daily cleaning and flushing.
– Soft spray. Wider, lighter and softer spray for gentle washing.
– spray. Creates a thin, powerful blade of water that is ideal for rinsing sinks.
– “Boost” technology. This function temporarily increases the water flow with just one push of a button. You will have a lot of fun using Boost.
(Master Contractor / Plumber Ed Del Grande is internationally known as the author of Ed Del Grande’s House Call, moderator of TV and Internet shows, and a LEED Green Associate. Visit eddelgrande.com or write to [email protected] Always consult local contractors and regulations.)
© 2021 Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
Get Local News in Your Inbox!