Restaurant-inspired fixtures for busy home chef

Hello Ed: I have a large extended family and I love feeding them my meals at holiday gatherings. I cook so much we are planning a custom kitchen remodel and am looking for plumbing fixture suggestions for filling and washing very large pots, any ideas?

– Dina, Ohio

Dear Tina: Since you are planning a kitchen remodel, the good news is that you should have a clean slate to work with. With that in mind, I have a few suggestions aimed at filling and washing large pots.

Instead of filling a pot with water at the kitchen sink and then moving it to the stovetop, you can have a pot-filling faucet installed in the stovetop area to fill pots. Wall or patio mounted pot fillers are tall cold water faucet spouts that swing over the pot for easy filling on the stovetop.

Next, I have two types of faucets to suggest for washing large pots.

Since you cook like a semi-professional chef, I recommend a semi-professional kitchen faucet. Semipro kitchen faucets perform and look like faucets you might find in a restaurant kitchen. These are tall, flexible, swan-neck style faucets with a support spring for filling and rinsing larger pots and pans.

If you are looking for a different style, the second faucet idea I have is a bridge style wall mounted kitchen faucet. This is a high arch faucet that mounts on the wall above the sink, giving you extra space for taller items.

Final tip: If you want to fill and wash large pots in your new eat-in kitchen, you can come up with some neat ideas just by visiting a local commercial kitchen.

General Contractor/Plumber Ed Del Grande is internationally known as the author of Ed Del Grande’s House Call, as a TV and Internet show host, and as a LEED Green Partner. Visit or write to [email protected] Always consult local contractors and regulations.

You might also like

Comments are closed.